Art Loft COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
THE Art Loft is open at reduced capacity and we have implemented new procedures, as advised by the CDC, to ensure a safe, fun, and creative environment for all visiting artists.
1. We are requiring guests to wear masks or face coverings in the studio and during any interactions in common areas of the house. We ask you bring your own face covering and spares but will have a limited number of extra masks to ensure all have a covering.
2. Upon arrival all participants, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked and hand sanitizer will always be available during the workshop.
3. All participants will be asked to practice social distancing throughout the house. The art loft will be providing adequate space between easels in the studio to do so.
During workshop events the studio and facilities will be sanitized on a regular basis. Any prepared food will be served in single use, self-contained receptacles.
If you or anyone in your home is feeling sick or displays any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
The Art Loft will be using all practices outline by the CDC to ensure a safe environment for the workshops. We ask all participants to do so also. For more information go to Centers For Disease Control And Prevention.
Up Coming Demonstrations…
If your busy schedule doesn’t allow a full class try one of our demonstrations.
BARBARA JAENICKE Demo - $55
Barbara Jaenicke will be conducting a painting demonstration on: Jan 24th, 2021 from 10am to 1pm
Workshops for 2020…
GREG LA ROCK – Studio Landscape Painting From Photos: Choosing and Editing Images for Success
OCT 29 to NOV 1, 2020 – $525
Please join national, award-winning landscape artist Greg LaRock as we explore the landscape through the studio process! Selecting proper images to paint from is critical to the start of a successful painting. Understanding what makes for a good reference photo and how to edit is the key.
In this workshop we will discuss:
• The process of painting the landscape using photo references
• What to look for and what to avoid in your image selection
• Understanding where the camera images fail and how to compensate
• Adjusting you images for better color and cropping
• Building a painting (16×20) in two sessions
My workshops are designed to take you to the next level in ¬painting. They will cover:
• How to organize elements for successful composition
• The importance of shape division, shape balance and focal interests
• The construction of a painting: How to build it from the ground up.
• Achieving depth and atmosphere: What works and what doesn’t.
• Understanding the power of large masses.
• Colors and temperatures and how they relate to your values.
And much more! We will cover the entire painting process from concept to completion. Don’t miss out!
More about Greg La Rock at the website greglarock.com
Thursday thru Sunday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Min. 6, Max 12
ANITA ELDER – Hand Painted Holiday Cards
NOV 14, 2020 – $85
Bring your Christmas spirit and join us for a fun filled day of creating your one of a kind Christmas card. Bring your own medium, oil, watercolor, or acrylic. Instructions will be given to each individual student on there personal card. You may bring your own reference material for your design, or the Art Loft can supply reference material. We will also be covering the process of reproducing (printing) your card for The Christmas Holiday. The Art Loft will be supplying lunch and Christmas snacks for our special day.
Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Workshops for 2021…
BARBARA JAENICKE – OPA, AIS, PSA-MP, IAPS-EP
Landscape & Light: 3-Day Studio Landscape Workshop for Pastel & Oil
January 21 to 23, 2021 – $485
Spend three days in an intensive study on how to train your eyes to discern light in the landscape, focusing on how to capture genuine effects of various lighting scenarios in your studio work, rather than trying to duplicate a compromised photographic image. We’ll study several types of lighting situations in different types of landscapes. Reference photos will be provided for student use, or students may work from their own photos if they have similar lighting situations. (See additional info about reference photos in the supply information.) Each day will begin with an instructor demo, with student painting time in the afternoon.
More about Barbara Jaenicke at the website barbarajaenicke.com
Thursday thru Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Min. 6, Max 8
Barbara Jaenicke Demonstration
Barbara will be conducting a painting demonstration on JANUARARY 24th from 10am to 1pm